After a long winters nap, spring has awakened our senses and emotions. A time where our thoughts are exposed by the warm sunlight and thawing snow. We find ourselves heavy with emotion, everything that we chose to not face now confronts us. A season where we are presented with the past.
We have to take the time to acknowledge the emotions that have been dormant, they present themselves with such chaos, yet we must be prepared and focused. Our mind is our mental closet, with each season we switch out styles, yet some items remain. With spring we begin to clean away the winter clothes and hang our spring dresses, and shirts, and capris. We detox the closet of anything that no longer suits us and like our minds, we must do the same. We must detox thoughts and emotions that are holding us back, we must face the fears that we avoided all winter.
Some Ways to Spring Clean the Mind
Write down your intentions for spring, what do you want to accomplish?
- Meditate. Focus on the breath and begin to move inward in order to heal.
- Clean about your home of items that don’t bring you happiness, donate/sell your items to someone who needs them.
- Visit a body of water. Water is very reflective; it reminds us to flow on.
- Try something new, from cooking to taking a trip.
- Try surrounding yourself with like-minded people. EX) taking a yoga class allows you to meet women/men who are supportive and understanding.
- Surround yourself with strong individuals who empower you. Ex) I recently began to strengthen my relationships with independent woman who inspire me. I want to have powerful be in my circle of friends because it pushed me to keep working hard and be happy.
- Work on speaking your truth. When you listen to yourself you will live a happier life.
- Spend time in nature. I promise, NATURE HEALS. Your natural surroundings have a way of clearing away toxic thoughts and reminding you to stay present.