Winter is fading as the plants begin to rise from the moist earth. The seasons are shifting and spring is arriving, a time of renewal, rebirth, and transformation. Today marks the spring equinox, a balance of sunlight and nightfall. Ostara, the goddess of dawn and spring, rises to the occasion. For the last quarter moon is an echo in the sky, its silvery light washes the earth in new beginnings.
I woke up this morning to a thunder storm, the rain knocking on my window. The thunder twisted itself deep into the darkened sky, the warm air and cool rain coated the city streets. The earth was releasing all the energies that no longer suit it, washing away winters grasp. A clearing with water and sound, the storm welcomed an awakening.
Ways to Honor the Spring Equinox:
- Meditate: use rainbow fluorite mala beads to connect to the power of nature and energy of spring
- Pray: if you created an equinox alter, then pray to the energy it embodies. If you want to pray to a goddess then connect with Ostara, plant your goals and ask for nutriment.
- Garden: plant seeds and tend to your plants. This is a great way to connect to your inner goddess and earthy spirit.
- Spend Time in Nature: take a walk and marvel at the beauty and magick around you. Breathe in the fresh air, quiet you mind, and be mindful of how you are feeling.
- Meditation Bath: soak in the warm water, light a candle, and create an ambiance with spring-inspired crystals (Ex. amethyst, rose quartz, tree agate). This will allow you to recharge.
- Create a New Vision Board: set new intentions and envision a feeling. Hang your board somewhere that you will see frequently and be able to tap into its inspiration.
With the spring equinox being on a last quarter moon, you will find yourself wanting to release emotions and seeking refection.
Try to visit a place that has a body of water, it will give you time detox your mind and flush out any energetic blockages. If it is storming where you live, like it is here in Chicago, go outside and breathe in the rainy air.
This spring equinox will provide you clairty, inspiration, and transformation.