When it come to the alarm going off in the morning, we tend to silence the arm and throw the blankets back over our head. But once the alarm comes back on again we groan with honesty that we need to wake up.
EX) I have to commute in the morning by taking the 6:56am train, I tend to get up at 5am…or when I sleep in, 5:30am. When I want to workout in the morning if I have a long day and wont be able to get home early, I have to wake up at 4:25. My morning workouts usually go from 35-40 mins. Sometimes I do 25mins in the morning and 20min-30mins when I get home from classes or work.
Note: Its important to workout because it makes you feel good, don’t have the motivation for fitness be weight loss, or crafting your ideal body. Instead make your workout a routine of empowerment and self-love.
Breaking up a workout during the day is a great way to keep the body moving. I suggest doing more stretching and yoga inspired workouts in the morning, it’s a great way to wake up the muscles. Once your body is used to movement and the muscles are warm, do more mat, lifting and/or cardio in the afternoon/evening.
It’s difficult to wake up in the morning early to do a workout when you want to stay snuggled in your warm bed with your significant other or like me…my cat. But the night before you go to bed put out your workout tools so that you don’t have to search for them in the darkness of the rising sun.
Night Before Tips:
- Roll out your mat
- Organize your tools – weights, ankle weights, bands, gloves, towel
- Pre-Plan fitness videos
- Lay out your workout clothes
- Lay out a water bottle
Motivate The Morning Mind:
- Create a mantra for each day to read each morning
- Ex) I Am Strong
- Create a fitness journal to write about your feeling and thoughts on your fitness routine each day
- Ex) Today I did yoga in the morning and it gave me time to relax my mind before my busy day of commuting
- Get a Great Night Rest! By sleeping 7 or more hours a night will give you more energy mentally and physically in the morning.
- Find what motivates you. Write out why you workout and find power in your answer to create a self-loving routine